Butternut Squash Soup – I think this is the one Andy uses
6 servings 397 cals
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
- Add the squash, water, bouillon (or Better than Bouillon), and spices (marjoram, black pepper, cayenne pepper.)
- Bring to boil and cook 20 minutes (until squash is tender.)
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Do this in batches if your blender isn’t large enough. Use caution when starting as the hot soup will cause air mixing with it to expand – sometimes explosively.
- Return to saucepan and heat. Do not boil.