Unbaked Caramel Cookies – 5 dozen
- 2 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. butter
- 2/3 C. evaporated milk
- One 4-oz pkg instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3.5 C. quick-cooking oats
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter, & milk to a rolling boil, stirring often
- Remove from heat
- Add instant pudding and oats
- Mix thoroughly
- Cool 15 minutes
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto waxed paper and let rest until firm
Note: You can substitute other flavored puddings as desired. Suggestions include chocolate and butter pecan.
Gluten note: Oats are naturally gluten-free, but may be processed in facilities that also process grains with gluten; get oats that are listed as gluten-free if you are particularly sensitive. Also check the ingredients of your instant pudding to make sure it is gluten-free; most are.
Recipe “From Miriam”