Sausage Breakfast Casserole (Serves 8)
- 6 slices bread
- butter or margarine
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1.5 cups shredded Longhorn or Colby cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups half & half
- 1 tsp. salt
- Prepare night before…
- Remove crusts from bread and spread bread slices with butter/margarine. Place in greased 9x13x2″ baking dish and set aside
- Brown sausage, stirring to crumble. Drain well. Spoon over bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs, half & half and salt and mix well. Pour over cheese.
- Cover casserole and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.